Physiotherapist & Founder, Women's & Men's Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Lactation (Breast Feeding) Pain Physiotherapist
Biomechanical Analysis, Physiotherapists, Sports Injuries, Strength & Conditioning, Women’s Health
Panda is an Australian Chinese Physiotherapist who came back to Hong Kong in 1998. Her accomplished career includes being a former Hong Kong Olympic Team Physiotherapist that began with her own passion for sport, whilst also initially specializing in sports and spinal injuries. Her innate curiosity and demand for excellence lead her to develop her skills as a strong diagnostician for any musculoskeletal issues from injuries related to elite athletic performance to chronic pain. Panda is also a qualified women’s & men’s pelvic health physiotherapist treating issues ranging from incontinence, pre/ post-natal care to sexual dysfunction.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (La Trobe University), Australia
- Graduate Diploma Ergonomics & Injury Prevention (University of Queensland), Australia
- Integrated Systems Model©™ and Connect Therapy©™ Certified Practitioner
- Certified Clinical Pilates Practitioner (Dance Medicine Australia)
- Lactation Breast Pain Physiotherapist – Australia
- Women’s & Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Level 1 & 2 – Canada
Areas of Expertise
- Diagnostics of the causes related to musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Biomechanical analysis of movement: identifying non-optimal movement related to pain & superior athletic technique for enhanced performance
- Acute & recurrent sports injuries
- Spinal dysfunction: neck, thorax & rib cage, lower back & pelvic pain
- Joint pain & injury: Shoulders, hips, knees, ankle & feet
- Women’s pelvic health: incontinence, pregnancy & postnatal care, bladder dysfunction, dyspareunia, rectus diastasis, menopausal issues & musculoskeletal
- Men’s pelvic health: prostate issues, pelvic girdle pain, sexual dysfunction, constipation, urological conditions & pelvic floor weakness
- Lactation & Breast Pain Physiotherapist: treatment of mastitis, mastalgia and breast pain
Chinese (Cantonese) & English
Over the years, Panda has developed a special interest in the complexity of how different regions in the body are connected and the diagnostics involved with knowing the causative factors between these systems.
Whether these problems arise in the lumbo-pelvic area, the spine or joints of the body, the role of these in relation to other conditions such as knee, hip and lower back pain; re-current muscular strains; men’s & women’s health (pregnancy, post-partum care, rectus diastasis, incontinence) is key to effective management of musculoskeletal dysfunction.
More recently, her interest lies in how the thoracic spine and rib cage, the biomechanics of the feet; and cranio-cervical spine work together with the lumbo-pelvic area to enable pain free movement of the entire musculoskeletal system. Such an approach, based on the Integrated Systems Model©™ and Connect Therapy©™ has been extremely effective in treating a large spectrum of physical issues and enabling superior athletic performance.
Another area of interest to Panda is the use of real time ultrasound imaging (RTUI) for effective assessment and training of abdominal, pelvic floor, hip and lower back muscles. In particular, the assessment of the extent and severity of a rectus abdominus diastasis (for post-partum women, but also men who suffer this condition) and the functional importance of these findings. The ability to relate these findings to the whole body and presenting symptoms results in developing an effective exercise program to ensure optimal movement throughout the body. Panda works closely with her team on developing the most effective treatment protocols.
At PhysioMotion, Panda treats the full spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions from women’s & men’s pelvic health through to elite level athletes looking for improved performance.
To make an appointment with Panda, Contact Us or WhatsApp us at +852 6996 0495.